Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to find out some specs. on my 1996 Mach Z 780. Does any one know what suspension used and amount of travel? Is this the C-7? How much does this sled weigh? Any handling mods for better proformance or ideas? I plan on Camoplast skis and maybe a new muffler to lighten it up a bit. I have Ohlins piggyback gas shocks on front and Kimpex in rear. How do I know if they need adjusting? I am thinking about increasing spring tension to gain more ground clearance. What are the pros and cons of this adjustment. The sled has a new 1 1/2"Camoplast Track and is 121":) PS Maybe the best and most cost effective way to cut weight is for the driver to lose 30 lol. :p

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
more than likely it is a sc-10 rear suspension unless it has three
shocks on the rear then it is the c-7 the sc-10 has 10" of travel where the c-7 has 6 you want to have around 2"-3" of sag when you are sitting on the sled and as far as the skis are concerned, the camoplast skis are decent, but for that muscle sled of yours i would invest in a set of ski-doo flex or precision skis they are well worth the money. i would leave the can stock with that motor i really don't think extra weight will be a problem:)

good luck and hang on!!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
the best skis for skidoo are the dual carbides. and i know i got all the stats on it here somewhere.

tomorrow ill have any info on it you need. the only thing i know about top speed is its between damn fast and blow-off-your-helmet mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts