Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm back with more questions! Finally got enough snow last week to at least take my sleds out for a quick spin. Took my mach z out and it ran great, it was very fast but it didn't seem to have much take off at low rpms. My mid range and top end was unbelievable. I rode it for maybe a half an hour and I blew a belt. So I put the spare belt on and I continued to ride for maybe an hour. And then BAM belt number two was ruined. I drove it slowly back to my house where I got the old belt off and took a look at the clutches. They looked ok to me, I was thinking that maybe they needed to be aligned/cleaned? So I got curious and put the spare belt off my sl 500 on my mach z. That made a huge improvement in clutch engagment and smootheness, but there really isn't much power. Anyways, just wondering what I have to do, to get this thing running right! Any help is always appreciated! -SkidooStud

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks SEG I just talked to my local snowmobile expert and he recommended a high performance belt (something other than the two that I had)! I checked my clutches and they are both in alignment and work properly but they could use a little cleaning. I also found out the reason for my power loss at low rpms...I was low on gas..and whenever I would ride uphill the the gas would move to the back of the tank where the pickup line wouldn't reach! Any idea how much the right belt that I need would cost? I'm assuming probably around 60 bucks? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks I'll keep my eye out for one. Didn't your wife have a 93'?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts