Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to snowmobiling and have put money down on a new 2005 M7. My only problem is what track length to get, the 141 or 153.
I live in Monroe, WA and Stevens Pass is only 50 miles away. It has lots of trails and backcountry. I've heard the 141 has better turning capability, but the 153 rides better for a heavier person like me and will do better in powder. Could someone please suggest a track length?
I've been an avid jet skier for years and this is the next step!:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Both 141 and 153 will ride well. What is heavier? 200, 300, 400 pounds? I think that the 153 is for the guys who do a lot of high marking and powder riding. Will you be doing more trail riding or more powder riding? 141 is probably better but I would need more info to know for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reply to your questions

Thanks for answering. I'm around 250 pounds and I think probably we will do a 40/60% trail-powder mix, though really unsure of that. I guess it would be how many times I get stuck in powder if I give up on it!

I've been riding jet ski's forever but am not super stong in the arms as it has always been a challange to pull myself out of the water back onto the ski (weight probably a factor). I would consider myself fit though as I take long walks w/our boxer and such.:confused:

Thanks again.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
get the 153 if you want powder to be your only play area, get 141 if you'd still like to be able to have some fun on the trails.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts