Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone on this board has thrown a M-10 in a older style Polaris Chassis. I'm looking specifically at my 97' XC 600.
Just curious, as if I want to get my wife off the new REV I have to make the XC a better trail riding sled. The old EXTRA-10 just isn't cutting it anymore. (with the tax returns on the way I see a little extra money *cross fingers*)

If anyone has done it, is it a PTA? Will I need to purchase a new track, mounting kit, anything?

Input is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
the m-10 kits come with the mounting kits(if you buy new) and as long as it has a 121' track you are good to go.

good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
M10 install

Put one in my 2000 zrt, huge differance in ride and handling. Payed $1200.00 with mounting kit and worth every penny. If you like the sled and want to keep it as I did invest the money and you won't be disapointed. I did'nt install mine because I did'nt have the time but it's pretty straight forward with a little knowlege.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do it! I 've put many on the "Old Indy" and it updates it to a "New Indy". Remember the M-10 can be re-installed into any machine, so it can be used for many enjoyable years. shane

·
Registered
323 Posts
We put one in my friends 95 xlt, It rides great. Though we only did this because it was used in like new condition for cheap. IMO, Your better off selling the older sled, taking that money and the money you were planning on spending on the M-10 and getting a newer sled. What you could get for the 97' plus how much the M-10 costs could easily get you a used 01' or 02' of whatever you choose. If this is too last minute in the season, I would live with the 97' this year and do this over the summer. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I put an M10 on my 2000 500 XC three years ago, got it used for 600,had it installed at a suspension shop, rides great,looks like a racer sitting up higher,much nicer ride than the old xtra 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts