Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm lookin for a can for my 04 F6. not many companies are showing any availible on their websites. what's the best/ loudest one you guys know of? i was lookin at D&D, Speedwerx, MBRP, and Black Magic. if there are any others, let me, know. any help would be greatly apreciated. oh, also, my F6 is efi, will i have to do anything? or should it be fine?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Why would you want the loudest can you can find? I'm not trying to be a dick, but a lot of people can't stand those rattletrap cans, and a lot of land owners are shutting trails down because of noise levels. There are a lot of cans out there that boost HP without rattling your teeth. Unless the sled is strictly for racing/dragging, etc. I'd try to find something a little less obnoxious...;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree with smallengineguy. I work to keep trails open in my area. The number one reason for trail closures and landowner complaints is loud pipes. Loud pipes are one of the first things that antisnowmobilers think of when the list the reasons why snowmobiles should be banned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll go with that. so what do you guys think is the best performing can for the sled? all loudness aside.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
The mbpr race can is real loud. A trail runs about 200 yards away from my house and every time a piped sled rips past it is music to my ears. dont listen to what others say, they want there 2 ups to run like the drop of a pin.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well I will have to agree with smallengineguy & YamahaVector. With how things are going and trails closing down lets do what we can to keep the land owners happy. When Im out for a joy ride I will stop and pick up any trash I see along the trail. Which is nice to say not much at all. Im not saying a nice loud pipe doesnt get the blood going. But its not going to do you any good when you dont have to many places to ride.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
ThomcatNLR, Check
Denniskirk.com or
Shadetreepowersports.com for different cans they offer. Most of them still sound quite mean without being obnoxious. When you install the can, you'll probably have to re-jet the carbs richer to compensate for less back pressure.

·
Registered
431 Posts
yeah, people around here can be negative twords sleds. I just installed a d&d can on my f5. It only made it a little louder but man does it sound way better. I kind of wish it was a little louder, but i will take a quiet sled and an open trail over a loud sled and a closed trail any day. Around here 95 % of the trails are on private land and i do as much as i can to keep owners happy. Besides who wants to were earplugs when ridding all day?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Our club has encouraged the DEC, State Police and the Sheriffs Dept to ticket any sleds with loud pipes. They also write tickets for modified exhausts too. This means that anything other than stock will be ticketed.

If you have pipes on your sleds the chances of getting a ticket are only going to get worse.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mbrp race can is loud for sure. i have one on a zr600efi , kid i ride with has one on a zr500, and my good friend has on on his xc600 and they all sound piped.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Vector that is the worst thing I have ever hear. yes I know you dont want your trails shut down but to tell the cops to give out tickets. rating out other sledders is stupid. It sounds like you are the kind of guy who should get a ticket for violating the minimum speed limit on the trail.

·
Registered
51 Posts
so people who have always had a can or after market exhaust will get a ticketed. That is possibly one of the stupidist things i personally have ever heard.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Around here you do what you want, but please don't F*** it up for the rest of us....Keep your quiet pipes on if possible! :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
im going to have to agree with everyone about that comment vector. that has to be the most ridiculous thing ive heard. what is the average age in that group? 75?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have no problem with you guys not liking our clubs stand on loud pipes. My question to you guys who are compaining is, ARE YOU CLUB MEMBERS? Too many snowmobilers are oblivious to how hard it is to keep a trail system open. All it takes to close it down is for somebody with pipes to go through at about 2 or 3 in the morning. My only advice is to join a club and see the other side of the loud pipe issue.

P.S
Don't say that I didn't warn you guys when you get your ticket for a modified exhaust system.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Vertor you think that loud pipes ruin trails. YOU ruin the trail buy giving out tickets, the next time your club needs help or volinteers how many people out there are going to help you.......None, you are just turning friends into enimes. Even if there sled is loud or not, because the people they ride with might have a can or pipes and sledder stick togher. IF I SAW YOU BROKE DOWN ON THE TRAIL I WOULD ROOST YOU AND LEAVE.

·
Registered
570 Posts
sesnopro, if you were in a club you would understand what it takes to keep trails open.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
no limitations are enforced around me. saying not to mod a sled is like telling a football player not to lift weights. if its going to make it better and more enjoyable, its going to be done.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Our club does not encourage giving out tickets, but NH Fish and Game already does that. They're the same ones who catch modded ATV's in the summer. Nothing to do with the club, but kinda minimizes the landowner complaints about loud pipes at 11PM!

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
There is a really big trail in southren minn, it runs right beside my house, and acrost land my dad owns. I have heard guys with pipes go past on the trail, there has never been one complaint. I have been stopped by the cops and dnr on my previous sled that was piped, all they did was check if my registration was up to date and look at my certificate, mabye we have nice cops. The most problems we ever have is people riding on a hay field.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts