Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sled got a really loud whining both driving and stopping since i pulled it outta storage. It is the most clear to hear when i let off the gas at higher speeds. Its synchrone with track speed, not engine rpm. Sounds like it comes from clutch side, could be the bearings, but it can be really bad clutch sound too.

I can make a video, i seem to have deleted the one i made.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Could it be too much/little tension in the chaincase? Since thats the only thing I remember to have touched since last year exept cleaning the primary(drivetrainwise)

@BC_Dan

·
Super Moderator
18,297 Posts
It's easy to check the chaincase tension. Loosen the jamb nut on the chaincase adjuster. Rotate the secondary clutch forward to remove the slack from the back of the chain. TIghten the adjuster bolt hand tight and then back off 1/4 of a turn. It may not hurt to change the chaincase fluid. I would pull the cover after draining and make sure you do not have any worn parts...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's easy to check the chaincase tension. Loosen the jamb nut on the chaincase adjuster. Rotate the secondary clutch forward to remove the slack from the back of the chain. TIghten the adjuster bolt hand tight and then back off 1/4 of a turn. It may not hurt to change the chaincase fluid. I would pull the cover after draining and make sure you do not have any worn parts...
That was what i did, but i read the service book... the ones with reverse should get backed up 1,5 turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts