Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an edge x 600 2001. The other day I went for ride. Well I put on about 250 miles and noticed that I was starting to run hot. My temp gauge came on and i shut it off. I opened her up and there was hardly any anti freeze left in the machine. So I refilled it and started it. The anti freeze is coming out of the overfill tube when ever you hit the throttle. I have no clue why any help?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No coolant

If you are lucky the radiator cap has failed if not I would say you might have a head gasket that is going bad.The compression from the engine is leaking into the cooling system and is over pressurizing the cooling system causing the radiator cap to blow off extra pressure through the overflow tube.I would try a compression test,check it cold then at operating temperature.Sometimes a gasket will only leak while cold and sometimes only at operating temp at least until the head gasket finally gives out completely.

·
Registered
228 Posts
it depends on how good u are with sleds. it isn't too bad of a job, couple hour job. nothing too complicated with doing it, just kinda time consuming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts