Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
crf450x
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 vmax 700 and while riding with high beams on it falls right on its face and bogs right out about 40. Flick switch to low beams and it pulls fine with no problems. Wondering what is up it is a pull start model without Battery?? Thanks

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
not for sure but might be your magnito.
when highs are on it draws to much power
to fire coils at higher rpm's?
just a thought.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
check the stator output, check the regulator, check your ground wires. and as yamaha 440 mentioned, check the wiring. stator, ground and regulator are easier to diagnose than finding a needle in a haystack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your problem is most likely a ground especially since you do not have electric start (no battery)
Check in the column, and see if there is a nest there. If a mouce chewed thru the insulation on a hot wire grounding it to the column. this takes ground from the mag.

If there are no chewed or broken wires use a continuity tester and check your ground wires. a bit of a pain but if you take your time you will find it. start at the mag, and work your way out

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
can you give me an idea on checking regulator and stator??? I will also check the wiring thanks for the replies guys!!!!
pulse coil: white/green wire to white/red= 210 ohms
charge coil #1:brown to black/red= 435 ohms
charge coil#2: brown/red to black= 103 ohms
lighting coil: yellow to black= .23 ohms
find the main plug by on the recoil side. this is where the wires are located. unplug it and check the wires on the engine side of the plug.

also take a look at the wires leading to the tailight under the tank and seat for any bare spots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.