Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw Lord of the Rings 2 this last weekend in theaters. It is an excellent movie! I thought the first movie was good, but this one is just downright awesome!

Who was your favorite character in the movie? I think the Elven archers are sweet! And the giant trees are unbeleiveable. The effects were so well done, I couldn't tell if the castle was a set or computer generated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I was able to see that movie this past weekend too. I thought this one was great compared to the first one (which i fell asleep in). I really liked all the battle scenes and when the dude was sliding down the steps rail type thing and was shooting his arrows.

Ehhh im not sure who my favorite characters were but i've always like sorceres and magic spells and stuff so im gonna have to say any of the wizards.

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
Heh, that movie rocks. It even beats out Star Wars... all five of them.

I was able to see LOTR 2 Monday of last week. I went to see if Sunday, but it was completely sold out... so instead I saw "8 mile" with eminem. 8 Mile was alright, but not being much of a rapper myself, I got a bit bored... the ending was disappointing too.

Well.... anyway I did get a chance to see lotr 2 after buying my ticket 6 hours before the movie started. Great movie! The theater was jammed and i had to sit in a broken seat, but I still loved the film. Beleive it or not, but I really thought the best character was the blue dude... Gulam or Golem or something like that. You just never knew what he was going to do. I also thought the battle scenes were just awesome. Does anybody know how much it cost to produce? I am guessing over 100 million. Well worth waiting for tickets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All 3 were made before the first one was released, and the battle at Helm's Deep looks awesome. Did anyone read the book series, and/or the hobbit?

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
I read The Hobbit in 4th grade. Let me tell you, I didn't enjoy it. That is a really tough book to follow for a fourth grader. My teacher eventually just cancelled the book report due on the book since like nobody understood it. I reread the Hobbit in High School for an Honor Books program, but still found it hard to follow at times. The movie however really cleared it up.

BTW... Mike... I saw the movie a second time today. :) Must be a realy geek now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in 8th grade and could follow The Hobbit pretty well... Oh well, maybe its just me. Anyway, I STILL didn't get to see The Two Towers!!!!!!! WAHHH!!! I have the first one collectors edition DVD though, it has all these added scenes and stuff, its great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw LOTR 1 3 times in the theatres. I was so blown away by the attention to detail. It's craftsmenship is superior to anything else being made today. But all that is nothing without a great story. And that is what I love most. All the characters, dialogue and sequence of events. It's just so different.
I finally had a chance to see LOTR 2 yesterday. Same feeling. I think this trilogy will definitely be better than the Star Wars 1 through 3. Goerge Lucas doesn't know how to direct anymore. My favorite Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back. Lucas didn't direct that one.
Favorite character would have to be Gandolph.

·
Administrator
1,077 Posts
I have to agree with you that the attention to detail in lotr is incredible. I also agree that the new star wars movies have been less than impressive. I'm not going to sleep infront of the theater for the next star wars... that is for sure. Come to think of it... I would love to see Yoda and Gandolf battle it out. :D

Who would win... Yoda or Gandolf... and why? :)

- I would have to say Yoda, but only because he can fly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw it last friday and it was real good for a what it is, but I dont really care for that kind of stuff, the only reason I saw it was b/c everyone was seeing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've heard all the hype about how good it is, and I'm hoping to catch the movie some time before it is out of theaters...then again, considering I am a Spider-Man fanatic and didn't catch the movie in theaters, the chances are slim :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I never saw either of the movies, but my friend is really interested in them. In fact he has a real sword that is the exact replica of the movie sword. (I think its the one that little guy carries):rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow I saw this movie and I was completely blown away....this has got to be one of the finest movies I have ever seen, right up there with classics like the Matrix and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :D

If you haven't seen it, you are really missing out...I am not a fantasy fan by a long shot, but it was THAT GOOD! thumup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
lotr2 was like the greatest movie ever. When the tree things started fighting i held up my hand in the rock on position and shouted "GO TREES" really loud :D

... and im completely serious about that

·
Registered
12 Posts
Along with an avatar... you also need some help...:p

I saw this last week, and it was totally awesome. I liked it best when they were at helms deep, and gandalf and the rest of the rohan came over the hill and started beating the crap out of the uraki-hai.... gandalf beating them with his staff, it was awesome. I think they had too many jokes about gimli though, with him on a horse and behind the wall..... but, i give it a thumbup: as jared tried to do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spudchucker said:
lotr2 was like the greatest movie ever. When the tree things started fighting i held up my hand in the rock on position and shouted "GO TREES" really loud :D

... and im completely serious about that
When me and Stephanie went to go watch it, we were definetly cheering.....but obviously I was a bit louder at it than her...:D

I really liked when that tree guy on fire put himself out in the water...that was just classic :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
HAHA i was laughing my head off when tha happened. Such quality material :)

I was also laughing outloud when gandolph's white horse came galloping to him through the meadow with light shining from it. That was so corny that it was just hilarious. The people behing me were pissed at me by the end of the movie cause i was so obnoxious :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think another funny was when smeagol/gollum were arguing and it was one angle for gollum talking and the other for smeagol talking:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts