Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's already nearly mid-february and we have no snow whatsoever. It may be only February but it sure doesn't seem like old man winter is going to be nice to us the rest of the year. It has been a very disappointing winter here in northwest PA to say the least, which is not the norm. If just figures that I get a sled this year and we have so little snow days that it takes all the fun out of owning a sled. I am thankful I own this sled outright so I am not making payments on something that can't be used. So hopefully I can look forward to next year and maybe just maybe we will have a better winter. Hopefully some of you have been more fortunate than I have this year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel for you... we had a couple years like that a few years ago. This year, our trails have 3-5 feet and it gets deeper up the mountains!

Come on over, we'll share :)
I would love to BC Dan if I had time and funds to get to Oregon. Maybe next season will be better.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
We never even had winter here in North Central Illinois!
Believe it or not I still have NOT even touched any of my sleds this season!

But I think I found where Old Motor Cross / Snowmobilers go?
I took my Mini Truck off road!
If you would have said even 5 years ago, that in the middle of Feb I would have been stuck, in many feet of SAND,
in 50 deg temps I would have called you a liar!

·
Registered
343 Posts
It looks like winter is nearly over here too, at least down where I live - you can always find snow up in the mountains. It was a great winter for snow, the trouble is that it gets blown around so much. I had several days with great snow to ride on, but with the wind you never really get a good base; at least twice this winter we've had a full day of snowfall only to have the wind come up before I got a chance to ride on it. Nothing worse than waking up to the wind blowing a gale after going to bed with a nice blanket of snow on the ground!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We are doing pretty good in the northeast. We've had snow on the ground since December up in Vermont. Last week, we got hit with two storms and landed a good foot and a half +. That was on top of a solid 8" frozen base. I'm hoping we can be out riding the sleds until mid/late March. A lot depends on the temps. The sun gets up to a much higher angle this time of year.

Much better than last winter! We've done a lot more riding this year vs last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts