Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Polaris Indy sled and I am not sure which to buy...... My price range is like $500 to $1500......Please let me know which years to look for and which cc engines to look for. Thank you
Eatsnow87

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am also looking to get one that moves atleast 70mph and definitly pulls wheelies...I kno it can be done because my 1979 yamaha exciter 440 pulls wheelies and travels at 72 mph. PLEASE REPLY to this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ill try to help you
you can get a polaris for about 500-1500 that runs good but your not gonna find one that does a wheelie or tracker and due about 75 mph. I bought a 1988 Polaris indy 400 and it went 80 last year with a cracked clutcha nd carbs not jetted right. now this year it will do that but what i am trying to say is get the cheap and your gonna have to fix to go big. Or in other terms you aren't going to get one that cheap and its going to due both things your gonne get one or the other. Plus they can always be made to due that if they dont come that way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
indy 600

got an 87 indy 600 , clutch work done, studded track, tripple PSI pipes. run speedruns with it and runs consistently, 95-96 mph in a 1000ft. (on ice) few stress marks in the hood but other than that it's a pretty good runner. and yes it will wheelie. don't really care to sell it but i would let it go for $900. live in northern wisconsin. the reason i don't trail ride it is because WI. frowns on loud exhaust, and i hate to put it back the way it was (completely stock)

·
Registered
26 Posts
my father just bought from a dealer a 2001 polaris xcsp 800 w/brand new studs and 1700 miles for $2000 out the door
deals can be found
damn
Shaun

·
Registered
14 Posts
Buy a 1997 Indy Trail 488 fan cooled. They were excellent bullit proof sleds. My father had one and its an excellent all around beginners or trail sled, where it will have enought power to do decent speeds. you could probley pick a nice one up for 1500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts