Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I've been out of sledding for 14 years. I always had Ski Doos. The wife and I are looking at buying a 2014 RS Venture TF with 733 miles on it. It looks to be in good shape. Is there anything I should know about this model before pulling the trigger? Thanks very much.

·
Administrator
18,930 Posts
Yamaha 4-strokes have a pretty good reputation for being very reliable. You seldom hear of a recall on their product, either. We dont' see many in the mountains, as the heavier weight is an issue. Fit and finish is usually really good, too.

Here's a link to some info on that sled, it may prove useful.

2014 Yamaha RS Venture TF Reviews, Prices, and Specs

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome and the reply. I like the idea of the reliability
And performance of the Yamaha 4 stroke. Just wondering if there are any
idiosyncrasies with this particular machine. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I bought the sled. It certainly seems to have a lot of moxie just based on loading on the trailer. Today I washed and greased it. I am not impressed with the cowl system and the ghetto fasteners that hold it on. I curse the jap that designed that.

https://goo.gl/photos/ji6QFC5L56VKrdZk7

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wife and I weigh about 5 bills combined...Are there any suspension upgrades available, and if so, is this something I should consider? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I've been out of sledding for 14 years. I always had Ski Doos. The wife and I are looking at buying a 2014 RS Venture TF with 733 miles on it. It looks to be in good shape. Is there anything I should know about this model before pulling the trigger? Thanks very much.
Hope you are happy with your purchase. I just took delivery on a new 2022 RS Venture TF. I love it except for the track howl from 29-37 mph. Dealer could not fix so I have to live with it or sell. I'm not wearing earplugs. Does anyone out there have the same issues and what have you done to fix them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts