Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 93 xlt special,just curious about a couple things?????what rpm should it idle at and when should the clutch grab the belt?right now i idle at between 1000 and 1500 and the clutch grabs around 4500 maybe 5000.....and i find at kind of darting around on the trail?my carbides are good.would plastic skis make a differance?thanks guys
:thumbsup:

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
To help the darting toe-out a little bit or get dual carbides. Don't worry most sleds dart on the trails. Plastic skis help with gliding in the powder, not darting on hard-pack!

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Should idle at 1800 and engage anywhere between 2500-3000. Plastic skis are 10x better than steel skis, but if you're worried about darting around just fool around with the suspension and go with dual carbides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot,i knew it was kind of normal but it seemed a bit more than ive seen before.i went for a good ride today and seemed better than the last few so ill give these skis a few more rides before i make a decision.any chance ud know how to back a brake cable off a bit?i appreciate it

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
They're mechanical, not hydraulic, right? Just loosen the nut on the cable right above the brake setup and either turn it out a couple turns then tighten it back down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great thanks alot,thats what i figured but with a great site like this id rather ask than run into problems...thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts