Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a late 90's 340 or 440 fan cooled sled , prefer electric start & reverse. Does such a sled exist? Any sugestions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
May I suggest a 98-9 Z440
But perhaps even better might be the ZL500ESR
The 500 is Lq but is fairly lighht with electric start and reverse.
The next in line would be the ZL 600EFI ESR Being fuel injected!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I think one important question when buying a sled for the wife/GF is what do YOU ride?

Followed up by how much riding is she going to do?

Followed by the 3rd question, what kind of riding do YOU do and expect your wife to do?

If you are riding a Super duper mountain machine with the 800 motor and you expect your wife to ride the 340 or 440, I guarantee she will not ride very much. Big motors are not just about speed, but the ability to get out of trouble as well. If you're off buzzing around in the deep snow and she has to stay on the trail with her 340, she is not having as much fun and will probably not go out on rides with you very much. (some might think that is a blessing).

I've learned to not judge how someone will ride based on size or gender. Have a friend that is all of 110lbs soaking wet and she'll outride 80% of the guys out there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Or a Polaris 500 or 550 fan.

I would also listen to Bear on this as he is dead on.

100% agree Bear I've had a couple girls go with us that are old friends, one of my friends 25 year old daughters must have been 90lbs if she was lucky as she is 4'8" and she can throw a sled around with the best of them. The rest have always kept up and in many cases have been able to out ride some of the guys there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts