Snowmobile Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Administrator
19,934 Posts
A bit of air in the lines shouldn't cause an issue as long as there's enough fuel flow to fill the carb bowls. Is gas getting into the carbs past the inlet needle/seat? A stuck needle will keep fuel from moving into the carb... as will a float that is improperly set.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I haven't been able to get gas into the carb at all yet!. When I put gas down the cylinders it fired right up and started to pull gas through the lines but not enough to get to the carb. I pulled it over several times too but wasn't pulling enough gas into the carb. I sent a pic of how I setup the 't' and the filter. Wondering now if some air maybe leaking in the joints. the primer doesn't seem to do anything but have a new one if I need to replace. Wondering if the lines are backwards to the primer too. Isn't the primer supposed pull gas through?

· Registered
27,931 Posts
As you pull out the primmer it sucks gas into it
When you push it in it pushes the gas into system
Go back into the carbs
Get the correct needle and seat (as a Set)
Set your floats to 'LEVEL'
And ride!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update on the Cat. Over the weekend I took the air compressor blowgun with a rag and put it in the tank opening and forced the fuel through the lines to the carb. Also put some more gas in the tank. Pulled over a couple of times and sputtered to life!!
Allowed to warmup for about 5 minutes, noticed it idles down a bit where it almost shuts off so I'll probably need to adjust carb. This evening I took it out on some patches of snow and ran around a few times, it goes good. Waiting for more snow ❄.
Thanks for the help guys

41 - 48 of 48 Posts