Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a bit or reading and it sounds like 97 is a better year but it's out of my sons price range. The 96 he is looking at has 6300 miles. What sort of things should we be looking at on this sled? Are these sleds prone to problems?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
buy a good battey, test the stator and check the compression, and make sure it doesnt leak coolent and it doesnt idle high, but other then that i have had a few little stupid problems with it, if its carb then you wont have many problems in what i have read, mines an efi so ....

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
At over 6k miles, try to find out the history of it. When if ever was the top end redone on it? Those motors like to eat pistons skirts early on. If the price is right I would grab it, and just do a top end refresh on it.

That sled was my first AC and I loved it, plenty of power rode nice and handled great!

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
I use a lawn mower battery, cheaper and more amps. The fuel presure regular seens to get stif and puts out more fuel! If the speedo don't work the drive bearing is bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.