Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a '98 formula 3 700 for a friend of mine. It has 2250 miles on it and the track is studded. Looks like it has been mildly maintained and stored inside. He is asking $1400 for it, and we are located it central Michigan. Does this sound like a fair price to you guys. Yhe KBB is saying it is worth $1365. Are there any issues I should be looking for. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
The 2 issues on 98 tripples are they are a change over from the F chassis to the CK3. The wiring harness is a tad bit short and has a tendancy to rub bare under the motor. This is fixed by wrapping/covering harness. Also the PTO bearings wipe out due to lack of oil. Ski Doo "fixed" this with Isoflex packed bearings. There is an oil mod where a hole is drilled in case to oil the PTO bearing. It has been covered extensivly over on Doo Talk including pictures of where to drill the hole. It has also been recommended to move CDI out from under engine where it's nasty to the air box. I have a 98 Mach 1 which I'm getting ready to do all the above to as soon as I get home. Hopefully the oil mod is already done and I'll only have to pull the top end to check it. Once issues are fixed they are fast, great sleds. I'd get him to come down a tad on the price. Flash him a grand. If it's in good shape it's worth it. I only paid 500.00 for mine and it was long tracked. But then Machs are hard to come by. hard to sell here in the rockies. I could get more money and sell my 95 670 Summit faster as it is a mountain sled.
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts