Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows of one at a good price and good condition please advise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
have you checked out ebay? thats where I got the M10 for my vmax. You may need to buy the mounting kit elsewhere, but ebay may have some good deals.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I missed out on 2 skids already. How did installation go with your skid into your V Max? What year is your sled?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My sled is a 1994. Installation wasn't that bad. If you have someone help you it will be that much easier. You just want to make sure you take the time to make the measurements as accurate as possible.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's some pics of my M10. The pic in the snow is from last winter with the stock suspension. They aren't the best angles since it is on the trailer which is up against the garage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, we have only had one snowfall worthy of getting the sleds out. Unfortunatley, my VMax is not running right now cause it needs some clutch work which won't be done for a couple of weeks. I haven't ridden it yet, just put it on a few months ago. Can't wait! HAS to be better than the stock suspension.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Snocross how was the install on your sled was it pretty simple to do? How long did it take you? Got any good tips you can give me about installing it? Never did anything like this on my sled so im up for any suggestions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was it simple to do? That really depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how patient you are as well. It took me a day to get my old skid out and grind out all the old rivits and grind down the old brakets. HINT: Angle grinder works best at smoothing out the old brackets, but PLEASE wear hearing protection. I cannot empasize this enough. Ear and eye protection are a MUST. Some people may think they don't need it, but you will wish you had worn it when you are trying to get metal out of your eye or your ears are hurting and ringing for a couple days. It then took me a day to put in the new mounting equipment and put the M10 in. An extra set of hands to help makes it go that much quicker. A weekend would really be all you should need to put it in. I had someone give me hand putting it under the sled, makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Please listen to my warning, you will feel better at the end of the night when your ears don't feel like they are gonna bleed.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snocross, let me know how you like your M-10. Looks good in the pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts