Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying an older model rev 03-06 or so, considering i have about 4k to spend on a sled. Any suggestions as to what year to go with? I know 03 had a overheating issue w/ the beaver tail and the rings issue... Never owned a ski doo before so dont know much about them besides i rode my buddies 04 rev and it was a hell of a lot nicer ride than my ol 99 zirt! Any input would be helpful - good things and bad things about the years - Thinkin i want a 136' for the ride as well... thanks for any input.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i fell in love with my 04 rev renegade after my first ride.
the 136" track bridges the bumps great.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a 03 600ho at the beginning of this year. From what I've read, the only overheating issues came from when you remove the beavertail. Mine still has the beavertail on it, and I haven't had a issue at all. When you remove the beavertail, you are supposed to install the larger 04 heat exchanger. Most people dont. Mine just had the updated rings installed just before I purchased it, I guess it was a free recall.

BTW, I love the sled. It was a huge upgrade from my XLT.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
all the years are very good.... after the 03-04 changes, not much got changed. For the 06's they got a fixed windshield (instead of mobile with the handlebars), a little different skid, and the dual runner Pilot 5.7 ski's..... I wouldn't let any of these changes deter me from taking advantage of a deal on something a tad older though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts