Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know its really early but I've been wanting to do another long ride. When i was 16 we rode from Crandon to calumet MI and back in 2 days. Thinking about doing something like that again but from the Sheboygan area. Was thinking about ridding to the dells and back. or maybe from Sheboygan up and around lake Winnebago. Thoughts?? Suggestions?? Riders??

thought if we plan it now we can pick a weekend when it will work. probably 2nd weekend of Jan. always seems to have decent snow then

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've been trying to get a ride from my place Here in North Central Illinois to Lake Superior!
That would be a long ride, but it does sound fun. The only issue I see with that ride KC, is snow conditions. It would have to be right after a big snow fall to make sure trails stay decent. And that's through the entire state. This reminds me, I need to buy a GPS this year.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Yeah it has been tough! Im havin a hard time finding a ground suport crew too!
I did get the Garmin Nuvi 550 with all the snowmo trails on it! Prety kool haveing the turn by turn on the trails!

·
Registered
171 Posts
if you tell them they get to the hotel first, which means they get the beer first, should "inspire" some ppl be more likely to help out. :D

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Tried that, my Bro doesn't drink beer! I think I have a buddy almost talked into it! He is coming off of back surgery, so the bouncing of the truck is what he is worring about! I told him I would make him Next seasons 'Cherry'!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
that would be a great ride let me know if u need a riding partner

·
Threadjackers Local 801
169 Posts
im back in action... lostpunk ive ridden w/ you before... autotec too i think... im down for whatever ride you guys wanna do... planning on heading up to conover and doing a run up through the U.P. all the way to copper harbor sometime this season... ive got ACL/MCL surgery in a couple weeks but should be rehabbed enough to make a 4 or 5 day run

·
Threadjackers Local 801
169 Posts
im back in action... lostpunk ive ridden w/ you before... autotec too i think... im down for whatever ride you guys wanna do... planning on heading up to conover and doing a run up through the U.P. all the way to copper harbor sometime this season... ive got ACL/MCL surgery in a couple weeks but should be rehabbed enough to make a 4 or 5 day run
its been almost a year since i posted that.... im still in rehab and 4 surgeries behind me... im ready for some riding this year... off crutches again finally.... LETS RIDE

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Well Im sure (snow hopefully) I will be haveing the Mid Wi ride!
We've riden Wakefield, Tomah and tried to go to over by Green Bay! (they closed the trails with 16-18" of snow!!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tried that, my Bro doesn't drink beer! I think I have a buddy almost talked into it! He is coming off of back surgery, so the bouncing of the truck is what he is worring about! I told him I would make him Next seasons 'Cherry'!
I've had a couple back surgeries myself. I just watch the trail for bumps so I know to raise myself off the seat a bit. I've only ridden an Edge a couple times since the surgeries. I'm hoping my 136" track on my Fusion will smooth out things a bit more.

But I might be down for a ride with you guys.

·
Threadjackers Local 801
169 Posts
I've had a couple back surgeries myself. I just watch the trail for bumps so I know to raise myself off the seat a bit. I've only ridden an Edge a couple times since the surgeries. I'm hoping my 136" track on my Fusion will smooth out things a bit more.

But I might be down for a ride with you guys.
i live right on the trail thru the kettle moraine forest... we have tons of room so you can drop here whenever you like

1 - 15 of 15 Posts