Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth long tracking my 97 XLT 600 from 133 to136 or 141 ??? those trenches and fresh powder are a little too deep for me.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you already have a 133. I would say no. If you still have the stock 121 i would say no. I wantched a buddy put a 136x2 on his, it took him a few weeks an now his sled is so high in the back his high beam points at the ground. I would, if anything, increase lug hight. I just think that the xtra 12 is set up for trail riding as is th whole sled. It is easier to get a way with it if its say a xc . My first and easiest chooice would be to increas lug depth. say no more than 1.5. but again its just me. If you do do it you will obviously notice a increase in floatation and traction in the powder but of my money i would start saving for an xc that you can throw a long track on easier with a lighter rear suspension.

But if you do extend it, please put pictures up on the forum cause either way it would still look sweat.:)

dano

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i have looked into it more and it would cost me over $2000 for suspention, aluminum tunnel, parts, and track. I am jsut going to put 2" risers to i will get a little mroe depth and put on a can. oh and it is a 133 xtra 10 with 1"1/2. oh and i just finished painting my hood. *hope the pics worked*

check out my car some time www.cardomain.com/id/bitskyline_gt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts