Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anybody here know if I can take a short track rear suspension/track from an 89 500 and bolt it on my 500 93 long track sled?

·
Hank Scorpio
112 Posts
In theory, if all holes line up, you should just have a little longer tunnel? Someone with more surgery experience will probably come along.

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody who knows?

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I'm sure you could do it.

you would probly have to drill new holes, and it would look funny with a long tunnel

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Got to be honest. I have yet to see someone who wants to go back to 121" What is causing this urge you have?

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i donno just too much time on my hands, tought maybe I would get a bit more snap with less rubber to turn...i think this might be a bad idea tho, since the heavy sled, I'd probably be getting nowheres..spin spin spin

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeah im pretty sure you will have to drill new holes, so what suspension were you looking to put on the standard suspension from the indys of that period or xtra 10, 12 m10 or edge, etc

and you should be able to just cut that back part off the tunnel, but it would make a good wheelie bar :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
still interested in doing that swap if so ill trade you my xtra 10rebuilt shocks 121 14? picks no pull outs or tears one season track off a fusion and some cash
:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts