Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 indy so efi 500 trying to do state registration paperwork, it is requiring the engine serial number, so where will I find it?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It should be requiring the serial number off the tunnel not the engine. I have never given them a engine serial number in close to 41 years of riding.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I lived in Illinois from 1976 when I was born till 2001 and never had to do that when registering a snowmobile there. Started riding in 1978 when I was given a kitty cat then moved up to a 250 or 300 when I was 8 or so. Dad never registered the serial number of the engines from our sleds, just asked him. Nothing we owned from dirt bikes, to quads to our boats pontoon with outboard or our speedboat only required the main serial numbers. Things may have changed but we never did and never had an issue.

Also on my Polaris sleds the engine serial numbers were on the blocks themselves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lived in Illinois from 1976 when I was born till 2001 and never had to do that when registering a snowmobile there. Started riding in 1978 when I was given a kitty cat then moved up to a 250 or 300 when I was 8 or so. Dad never registered the serial number of the engines from our sleds, just asked him. Nothing we owned from dirt bikes, to quads to our boats pontoon with outboard or our speedboat only required the main serial numbers. Things may have changed but we never did and never had an issue.

Also on my Polaris sleds the engine serial numbers were on the blocks themselves.
Cool. Back in the early 80's i had my last and first sled. It was a 76 i think articat 500. I was hooked. Do not know why the registration form asked for both, but it did and both in red (required). Silly to me as well

·
Registered
761 Posts
One of my 500 engines has a tag located on front of engine below exhaust manifold (as KC stated) on the PTO side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts