Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 94 polaris indy 440. Two bolts (same place on sled, both sides) on the suspension must've come loose and fell out. Now I cant re-allign the holes on the sled body (?) with the holes on the suspension for the new bolts. Thought I had to take off the two further up on the body (?) now I've got 4 holes I can't get to re-allign! Please help!

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Easiest way to fix this is the loosen the track as much as you can and remove the rear mount bolts. Put the front and center ones back in and then the rear.

·
Chitown Rider
812 Posts
Just did this. What a pain the first time. Wait till you get it in and realize you have to take it back out because you forgot something. Hope you have a helping hand.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
off the ground will make it harder... use a jack to control the height of the rear bumper, and a ratchet strap between the front and rear to compress the distance between the points, and you should be able to get it in without too much of a fight.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,124 Posts
Sled on the side, put bolts on the one side in, flip sled over to other side, put rear bolt in. Tighten the three down but not all of the way tight. Set sled upright. Have someone push down on the rear bumper. It will align the last hole for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all you guys! I did use the ratchet strap idea. Worked out really nice. This was my first repair on my own! Seems like it worked pretty good. I also used the jack help control the back end. Wished I would've re-attached the front spring before I had everything else done:mad: What a pain to do last! Oh well, it's fixed! Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.