Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SKI
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok dont even know if I am spelling it right or not, but anyhow, what adjustment do I want to make on my 99 rmk to keep the skies down onacceleration? Tighter or looseron the limitter straps.They seemtobe backed out all but two or three threads right now and I get alot of ski lift when I hit the gas. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes tighter will give you more weight on the skis for better steering and control. I rode a sled once where the guy cut his limiter straps off and it made it almost impossible to steer, soon as you touched the throttle the skis would unweight and you could not turn at all. that was a bone head move.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yep, tighter on the straps, also, if your rear suspensing has scissor stop blocks, position the rear blocks just a touch closer to the scissor arm, NOT Touching, just a little closer.

Also, when you tighten the bolts for your front limiter straps, loop a ratchet strap over the front arm and suck it down a little a relive the pressure on the limiter straps before you tighten the bolts, I have snapped off the bolts before.... they are strong enough to hold the straps in place, but NOT strong enough to overcome the spring and geometry and snug up the strap without breaking

·
Registered
170 Posts
easy tip 4 tightining strap. lift rear of sled,put a log or somethin under track below stap area and let rear back down this will releave pressure on straps so u can easily get bolts back thru holes. if u get alot of ski lift when cornerin after straps are tite titen front shocks. if sled is hard to steer or bottoms alot titen front track shock a bit. play w it you will be amased

1 - 6 of 6 Posts