Snowmobile Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yep we use double sided tape on most.

Someone already did a K.I.T.T. Tribute. It's called the Knight Raider.

I suppose you could be K.A.R.R. LOL

·
Registered
455 Posts
Aduck, I'm not too worried, its an evolved chassis xlt the high beam are 894 (something like that) and i figured, what the hell. Can't hurt. I don't do much night running anyways. It's got 3 lights anyways. 2 high and a 9003/h4 low

Thanks for the concern though. I don't think it would work too well on the old Indy single H4 high/low. It might, but like you said, icing may be an issue

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
Beam placement won't be ideal either. The led emits a large area of light compared to the point source of the halogen. You may find the focusing of the light is not optimal, save for the low beam of the h4, due to the halogen's use of a reflector inside of the bulb.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Can't be any worse than an HID in a halogen housing. Ran them for years in my car without many issues.

As far as the led 984, the style I'm getting is the projector style with side SMDs. Should "aim" a little better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed LED's under the running boards on an Arctic Cat (Lime green of course). The LED's are from a company called Plasma Glow and come in many different colors. To protect the LED strip, I mounted the strip in an aluminum 90 degree "L" channel. This was for two reasons: 1- the aluminum channel protects the LED's from damage of hitting anything and 2- the light from the LED strip is indirect. You can't see the lights only the glow!!!! This creates a awesome effect, it illuminates the snow under and around the sled makes it appear to be hovering, it is really COOL!!! have got many positive comments about it. Been running these LED's for 5 years (north woods of Wisconsin and the U.P. while ridding past many DNR and law enforcement folks with no complaints. They are subtle, but super effective. Wired them to the lighting side of the output coil of the Magneto. Remember, LED's draw very little current.
Tapped into the hot wire going to the instruments. Put in a switch and fuse in line to protect the rest of the lighting system in the event of a short in the LED circuit. the LED power supply is very small and runs on 12volts DC. BTY, would someone reading this please forward me the Wisconsin state statute that restricts the use of LED's on snowmobiles while moving. Have never been stopped for using this set up while moving? Would have to be a slow crime day to get a ticket for this!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Skier 76, don't have any close up photos, but could take some to show the installation. I have some Go Pro video somewhere that shows how it looks at night on the trail. I will take a few photos that show the install. Not sure where to post those. Could send them to you via email. This was done on a 1997 Arctic Cat EXT 600 triple. 5 years of fairly aggressive but careful trail riding and still work like new.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Old sled head,

I'm from Wisconsin and I've talked with Tue local sheriff and game warden, rangers and the like...they all say its a "Grey" area.

As long as they done consider you, emulating an officer, all is good to go.

I run white/amber on/around the front and red on/around the rear WHEN ON TRAILS.

I have other sets I have wired up when NOT on trails or sitting.

Just some food for thought, you shouldn't EVER have any issues with local enforcement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PolarisBlood,
Thanks for the input! I would agree that as long as we don't look like your some sort of law enforcement we are good to go. I did spend some time looking up the Wisconsin snowmobile codes in regards to lighting and only found the common sense lighting issues such as head lights tail lights and side reflectors. If anyone out there knows more about this we would appreciate any input, thanks.
Old Sled Head

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Skier 76, don't have any close up photos, but could take some to show the installation. I have some Go Pro video somewhere that shows how it looks at night on the trail. I will take a few photos that show the install. Not sure where to post those. Could send them to you via email. This was done on a 1997 Arctic Cat EXT 600 triple. 5 years of fairly aggressive but careful trail riding and still work like new.
Feel free to attach them to a post in this thread. It sounds like a really cool project.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to instal led on 2015 146?

hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to instal led into my skidoo 2015 146 for about $50,if anyone know please help me out.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts