Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My wife and I just bought some used sleds and are hoping there is enough time left this season to ride them. It’s a newer sport for us, a little experience but not enough to call experience.

Any recommendations on where to go or not to go and if there is still snow it would be great! We live just outside of Sacramento and anywhere within 150 miles or so. I figure that leaves a lot of area for some hopeful. trails

Thanks!
Big Earl

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
Snow is leaving the lower elevations pretty rapidly. You may want to call before going. Folks that know the area may know where you can drive up to unload where the snow is, but this time of the year, trails are pretty horrible. There are still folks riding in Central Oregon and even some brave souls are riding in my area, but they have to drive up the road a ways to find snow. That's not too much of an issue if you have a sled deck or a 2-place trailer. With a light 2 place, you can off-load the sleds, disconnect the trailer, turn the truck around, and then turn the trailer around by hand to get the trailer reconnected if there's not enough room.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts