Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a stud in my track earlier in the week. No big deal right? Well I took the sled for a quick spin around the soccer field across the street last night and now i have a fairly loud knocking sound coming form underneath the tunnel. The sound gets faster and louder the faster I go. Any ideas?:confused:

·
got snow?
93 Posts
Same thing hapend to me. Lost a stud on the outside of the track heard a loud knocking couldnt figure out what was wrong untill i lifted the track of the ground and rolled it by hand where the stud tore out was right in line with rear idler and every time it got to the idler it would make the noise from hitting the hole in the track :mad: Might be the same thing.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what did you do? Is their any way to get rid of the knocking short of replacing or sending the track out for repair? It doesn't seem like there would be. :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked out the track a little closer this AM. I found the problem, A 6 inch piece of track complete with stud hanging on the side of the track. So, the decision is made, need a new track. Anyone know of a place I can get one with out spending a fortune? I need 121" x 15" w/ a 1" lug. Pitch 2.52 and 48 windows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
E-Bay, look in car and other vehicles, parts and accessories,snomobiles, then use basic search for "track". There will be a listing for around $310 for that exact track. I got one yesterday for him. JohnMaster is his name and he is $250-300 cheaper than Store bought $580 they wanted to charge me for identicle track. Guy is prompt and ships imediatly upon recieving payment. Hope this helps cause it sure as hell helped me on Sunday night when my track ripped. He does have local pickup too thats how i got mine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
P.S., if you dont find that exact one just find his ad, says JohnMaster above a track in the picture, he has any track combo you will need and i know for sure he has that one in stock. Hes in East Troy, Wisconsin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts