Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably a dumb question but i just got my first sled which is a 1997 zr440 and i noticed the knob by the handle bars. i was told it was a steering-stabelizer but was not sure. if that is what it is can someone tell me how to use it
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you follow the braded line that comes out of it you will find that it goes to the shock for the rear suspension. It is filled with oil. I assume that it changed the dampening of the suspention. But to be honest I haven't ever noticed much difference when I change it.

Eric

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't think that it makes any difference when you change it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the knob on the handle bars goes down the the front shock on the rear suspension. when it is working it allows you to adjust the ski preasure. pushes down on the front of the track or takes preasure away. depends on witch way you screw the knob.

·
Registered
65 Posts
it helps a little with both stearing and rear traction. have to find a medium. that is why it is adjustable. say you are riding on a lake with plenty of snow with no problem turning. then you hit ice now you have little stearing. just crank the nob down and you shall gain stearing back. granted you have a decent set of carbides. hope this explains it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts