Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have put up a few posts, but I mostly just read everything...LOL....

My intro,
My name is Rich, 24 years old, been riding since I was around 8. The first sled my pops got me was a 1980 enticer 340. O those were the days!!!!! I then graduated to a 1986 phazer, 1987 SRV, and a 1989 phazer that I sold last season. All sleds were PSI piped and clutched by yours truely. The 89 was a sled that really cooked. Bored to 500, piped, reeds, head cut. It really screamed for a phazer! Now I ride the 99 ZRT 800. I am still getting it dialed in and it is jetted to the moon!!!!!! LOL

Sorry for being long winded but I look forward to posting more and getting to know everyone better!!!!

Take it easy and think SNOW!

Rich

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've got an 86 Phazer right now that I'm rebuilding the engine in. Good shape other than that. Weird getting used to the turning headlight and stuff.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
welcome to the forums!! you should fit in well with the rest of the sledders

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
you post a bunch the first few days you were around. its good to have some girls interested in the sport and the forum. welcome to the forum to both of you!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Rich welcome to the forum. Thats a nice ZRT you got there i bet that thing screams!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah taht thing has to take off like a bat out of hell with those mods on there.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Locky please dont tell me that pic is from this year, if it is i am moving to where you live! LOL

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thats a nice pic. That in your backyard?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Its from January of this year if that counts lol. Its not my backyard but it is real close to me and I leave through the trail from my back yard. Heres a picture I just walked out and took of the trail that leads out of my back yard. The picture is along a river that is about 2 miles on the trails away from me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
oh I just figured it was in your backyard becasue the trail doesnt look like it sees much traffic. maybe it was just fresh snow? That looks nice.

theres 2 of both

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i made the same mistake. thought it was an old zrt. they were black. they have an AC up front because the skidos cant pass it and 1 holdin up the rear to stop and pickup the skidoos when they break down. LOL

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The reason you dont see a heavy used trail is because this is not a trail system and alot of people have no idea how to get here. Also there is a pretty steep hill you must go down that curves around trees to get to the river bed. You can usuall count on one of ya getting stuck on the way back up. This particular time two of us got stuck. One of which was me but I couldnt help it because of the big hole the sled in front of me made when she got stuck. There was no going around it either. One time the wife and I went down there I had the camera with me and she wanted some pictures taken and.....Well I better not post none of them here lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
wanna race? :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Locky those pics are sweet. I like to ride up in the Alpena area as it gets minimal traffic. The gaylord area is way too congested and bumpy for me! I am getting amped up to go riding this year. A few more of my friends just got sleds so hopefully we can rack on the miles this year.

JohnDeereSleds: The 86 phazer I had was an awesome sled. Light in the trails, plenty of power I always thought. That 485cc fan cooled motor was indestructable in that sled. The PSI pipe really makes it sound fast too! LOL

As for the ZRT. I only have about 200 miles of ride time on it as I got it late in the season last year. I have to get the jetting correct, but it really does scream the way it sits. I really didnt mind it in the trail either. My dad has a 96 ZRT 600 that he bought new in 96 so he converted me to a triple lover. In a couple years I will prolly get one of those big twins as they are very sweet also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts