Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone using a Kimpex track? my buddy ripped his tracking and looking for a good replacement that he can stud

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
kimpex makes some great tracks, you shouldnt have a problem with one, personally I prefer camoplast though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BUY A CAMOPLAST THE WEAR LIKE IRON YOU WON'T BE SORRY!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't know which brand would be better, but I definitely like the idea of kimpex's pre molded holes. You don't lose any of the tracks integrity, to where drilling holes weakens the track. I might give the kimpex a try when my track is hit.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
camoplast are rocks, i havent had a stud rip out yet on one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Camoplast is generally what comes stock on just about all brands in the recent years. My friends 01 MXZ track is completely hit. It wouldn't possibly last another season. It's only 3 years old, 2800 miles and is a camoplast. IMO, I doubt one's really all that much better than the other.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
MY 01 MXZ HAS 2400 MILES ON IT AND THE TRACK LOOKS NEW, BUT THEN AGAIN I DON'T WASTE MY MONEY ON STUDS EITHER AND THE TRACK IS A 1.25 CAMOPLAST

·
Registered
711 Posts
hmmm, i have a 141 camoplast, i like it however, i destroy lugs. I attept to not spin to far down and baby my stuff but i am not as happy as i should be compaired to what others say about camoplast

dano

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
the track on my zr600efi has about 3500 on it with 144 studs and it still looks new.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My Polaris stock track (Camoplast) has 96 picks in the middle, 4400 miles and is in great shape. I'll buy another! I do like the idea of premolded stud holes though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
does anyone know what track is on my '02 edge x 800? it says polaris on it, but i'm not sure if they just put their logo on it. my track is just about shot. almost all the outside lugs are ripped off. i'm not happy as my sled has 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
HEY HILLBILLY PROBABLY CAMOPLAST MY DOO HAS ITS NAME IN THE TRACK BUT ITS CAMOPLAST, AND I DID READ SOMEWHERE THAT POL HAD A PROBLEM WITH PREMATURE WEAR ON TRACKS,NOT SURE OF THE YEARS OR THEIR REMEDY, BUT DON'T JUDGE CAMO TRACKS BY YOUR EXPERIENCE EVERY SLED I HAVE HAD WITH THEM I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
a friend of mine had one of those pre molded tracks, and thought it was great, then about a week ago, it ripped in half and fell, out. he had a ton of studs come out last winter. track had about 1500 miles on it. he started with 196 studs last winter, we refilled some of the holes during the winter, but there were only 48 of the origanal studs left in it when it broke in half. i think they fell out due to the T-nuts being to small. he must have been happy with the traction from it though, since he bought another kimpex pre-molded track. my polaris had a camoplast on it and i loved it, but at about 4000 miles amost all the lugs were ripped off. now at 6500 it is completely bald. i just put on a 1.25 camoplast "high performance trail". it feels tough. i hope it workls well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got alittle over 5100 miles on a camoplast with 192 studs. Just went out and was a real doozy due to neglegance. Cant tell the differance from a kimpex though. Still went camoplast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts