Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got sled out of storage and the kill switch has to be held form 5 seconds to shut off sled? Last year it did it after storage and stopped? Is there a easy fix or buy a new kill switch or relay switch?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
use the key. many use it and will say it's ok to use it all the time but they will fail. it is meant as a safety back up shut off NOT the main way in shutting it down

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
^^ x2

·
Registered
794 Posts
You dont say what model your sled is but my guess is you have a rev chassis since they are known for this problem. You can take your switch apart and clean up the contacts and give it a coat of dielectric grease. For it to work though you must take it completely apart as its pretty well sealed and just spraying it with a penetrating oil will not work. This repair will last longer than buying a new switch as this problem happens to all of them especially if you tow your sleds on an open trailer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just take the switch apart. The hardest part is getting it off the handlebars, taking it apart is easy. Clean out all the black plastic bits and clean the copper parts with a Scotchbrite pad. It will make it like new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before you take the switch apart make sure you clean the wire harness under the hood first. Then check it. My 99 ho did it too and i took the switch apart. First and tried to be careful but little parts went flying. Turns out was just the connection under the hood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1993 polaris xtl 600 and when i got it the kill switch wasn't working so i changed it and its still not working what do i do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts