Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on POuslinch lake in southern ontario ( just around the corner from my house) I was going up and down the trck that was ploued to the ice. and a guy challenged me. he was on a polaris indy 600 and it was atleast a 2000. i was om my indy 500 touring. i got her up 2 90 miles an hour and smoked the guy outta the water, then his team mates come up to me and say. " hey kid you gotta get off. this is for racer only." I told him that he better get his guy off too cuz i whopped him!

What do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I say go back and say, "I am a racer and am undefeated in my first and only race on this track against some poser on a Indy 600."

That'll shut 'em up quick!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Where I go out on the lake, they generally have two or three tracks. One or two for anyone to race on, and one lined with orange cones which are occupied by drag sleds and racing teams. The track for the racing teams is prepared very carefully and very well maintained, so they don't let anyone but the drag sleds on there or the track will get torn up. The other tracks that are for anyone and get very torn up and are only quickly cleaned by a few plow trucks. You'll definitely hear it if you jump onto the orange coned track.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Last time I checked, unless it was a private lake you can do whatever you want. Heck for all they care you could set up a ice fishing house in the middle of the track. Not nice, no. Could you? Yes. A lake = public recreation, no one ownes the ice, even if they plow it and put cones around it. May get your a$$ kicked but they can not tell you what to do.

Awesome you whooped a posers butt!! More power to ya to put em' in their place!!
Look at me I have a "Team (insert name here)" sticker, I'm a racer... If that were the case my Cavalier is part of Chevrolet Racing.. :D ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ha Ha!! Yeah, if there's only one track, I would be pissed. But In my case, it's not a big deal. Out of respect for the time and money they have into their racing and preparation I have no problem staying off of their track. I recommend finding a friend with a plow and making your own track, then you can tell them they can't race there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This lake is public access. the track is right when you get on the lake you always gotta watch when you come out. I have been thinking of getting into racing with my safari. My guess is they guy was P.Oed because he got beat by a 16 year old with his friend on the back of his sled. It's not even the racers who make the drag strip. it is us locals. O well, i taught them.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
just say "kiss my ass" and keep riding.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Id say when you can catch me, ill leave. Since he lost, he should leave. If it wasnt in a coned track then it is public. Tell then to get bent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny thing is i saw him this weekend and he didn't say a word, just let me race some arctic cat wimp. Personally i hate cats. Polaris and ski-doo, only sleds i'll ride. I think the guy was jelouse because he got beat by a 16 year old. Couldn't find a way to take his anger out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts