Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now the key on my Rev 600 has been coming loose. Last night after stopping at a friends house for awhile I went to start up my sled. The key itself was off and when I went to push it back on i pushed it down into the sled... I feel kinda dumb, dont think this has ever happened to anyone. Anyone got any quick ideas on how to fix it? I tried gettin my hand up in the sled to push it back threw the opening but no luck... damn revs are cramped tight up front.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The DESS post is mounted with a threaded collar. You should be able to access it by lifting your dash. Remove your fuel cap. Below that you will see a large nut. Remove this nut. This should gain you enough clearance to reinstall your DESS post. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yah every once in a while when i put my key in my mxz if its not in right the snowmobile sounds like it only runs on one cilinder.its really weird. u pull the key out put it back in and it runs fine. i have no idea whats up wit that crap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you don't have your key on the sled will still run but only at an idle... won't let the rpms get up enough to engage to clutch to stop people from driving off...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts