Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on the best cleaner/wax to use to clean the underbelly of a yellow MXZ? It is tough to keep these yellow sleds from looking greasy and dirty...

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Simply Green works well. Really stubborn spots can be removed with a little brake cleaner. Any wax will do, being you're not going for shine, but for protection.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
G-ForceJunkie said:
be careful with the brake cleaner, it eats into rubber :) (not a lot, but enough to be careful with it)
Carb cleaner will definitely eat into the plastic. Non-chlorinated brake cleaner sprayed onto a rag won't.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
PURPLE POWER spray it on wipe it off and then apply a little ARMOUR ALL, sweet :D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yeah armor all doesnt do anything, i used it on my dirt bike once, and it wade it all slippery!:mad: made a nice shine though!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I use fast orange hand cleaner on a rag. it just wipes on and cleans stuff right up. try it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
depends on what armour all your talking about maybe i should have been more specific for the younger crowd, ARMOUR ALL DETAILERS CHOICE not available everywhere, it is not the milky
stuff this is clear and thicker. spray it on, spread it around and wipe of the excess, gives a nice shine and prevents snow and ice build-up. makes cleaning easier too.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hey seg, i have only seen it a couple of times at walmart and after trying it went and bought 4 more bottles. once you apply it and spread it around you let it soak in for a few minutes then wipe off excess.
in my opinion it leaves more of a waxed like finish. i only use it on
the bellypan and black trim. the closest product to it i have found
is the black magic protectant. i have been doing body and paint work for 20+ years and this the best stuff i have found. i also use
turtle minute wax ultra gloss spray wax on painted surfaces. if you can find 'em give 'em a try

·
Registered
15 Posts
clean belly

mine was nasty! I just used a basic auto degreaser sprayed it on scrubed with a brush and used a pressure washer to rinse looks like new! then took for a ride down the fox river in october!!!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
01MXZ800 said:
hey seg, i have only seen it a couple of times at walmart and after trying it went and bought 4 more bottles. once you apply it and spread it around you let it soak in for a few minutes then wipe off excess.
in my opinion it leaves more of a waxed like finish. i only use it on
the bellypan and black trim. the closest product to it i have found
is the black magic protectant. i have been doing body and paint work for 20+ years and this the best stuff i have found. i also use
turtle minute wax ultra gloss spray wax on painted surfaces. if you can find 'em give 'em a try
I'll have to look for that stuff. I assume once it's on that it's easier to keep clean.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Re: clean belly

COOTTER said:
mine was nasty! I just used a basic auto degreaser sprayed it on scrubed with a brush and used a pressure washer to rinse looks like new! then took for a ride down the fox river in october!!!
COOTTER, You're a crazy bastard!!!! Wicked cool phot, though! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts