Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up a new to me 2003 Legend 600 with reverse and electric start. It is very clean, just had the top end done at the dealer about 2100 miles ago it, has a total of 6900 miles on it. It has plastic skis with dual carbides, track is in great shape and studded. I traded my 02 GRIZZLY 660 for it. Now all I need is snow!!! It's like 40 outside and raining today, so much for the 12"+ we had last weekend..

Attachments

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
thats going to look funny in the woods in the summer lol nice sled.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao!! Well in the summer it will be stored up on the rack out of the way. I will just have to settle on riding My Brute in the woods then..

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i almost traded my quad for a sled this year.. but i would kick myself if i did. unlike you i only have 2 quads mine and the kids lil 110. but i only ride mine to bait during hunting so thats why i almost did it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok dumb question I have been looking for accessories for my new to me sled but they don't list much (exhaust, skid plate, hand guards,......). What are some other sleds that I could look up and have the parts work on my sled.03 Legend 600.. Any help would be great..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
cosmetics (skid plate, etc) any zx will fit.. 99-03+. formula deluxe and mxz have always been very close to identical, just race vs. trail set-up. pretty much anything that fits an 03 mxz 600 will work as long as its not for the 03 600 rev

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Outstanding thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I was to put a can on does that require rejetting? i was looking at a Sno-Stuff Single Canister Rumble Pack Silencer for my sled..

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Some companies will say you don't, but quite often you will need to. I will remind you that the 'rumble packs' are the really loud ones. And i'm not positive, but if you're in Vermont, I've heard theres pretty stiff noise regulations in the east. Somebody else can help out to confirm whether or not theres noise laws there.

Edit: just checked, and it's 73 decibels at 50 feet. $300 fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess I will look at something else then..

Thanks again..

·
Sn0pro7
134 Posts
depends on where you ride, if you want the rumble pack they do sound really good but i would keep the stock can. i have also heard that fines are steep in the east. but honestly i see 1 fish and game officer for every 3 YEARS of riding. that said, i put on 1000 miles or less a season so its not like im riding 24/7. if you are going to be riding in busy or populated snowmobile destinations then you are more likely to run into problems with noise regulations.

·
Registered
427 Posts
cosmetics (skid plate, etc) any zx will fit.. 99-03+. formula deluxe and mxz have always been very close to identical, just race vs. trail set-up. pretty much anything that fits an 03 mxz 600 will work as long as its not for the 03 600 rev
I REALLY like skid plates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts