Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a model of '01 700 RMK's that has a single carb?

I know I don't... every 700 RMK I've ever seen regardless of year was dual carbs...

The reason I ask is because I ordered a new choke cable for my 700 off of Pat's Small Engine online, from their chart for an '01 700 RMK, and they sent me a choke cable for a single carb.. not dual.. And now they're trying to hit me with a restocking fee and shipping fees to send it back.

You guys can even check me, even though I checked and re-checked.

Polaris Choke cables

OEM #: 7080734
Item #: AD62-05023

Kinda of perturbed....

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I very highly doubt there is a model with a single carb.

After all I dont think there is any variation of the RMK

·
Registered
615 Posts
im guessing yours is a 2000 not a 2001 01 they had mikuni 00 they had keihn carbs unless polaris had to get rid of the keihns and yours is an early model

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, so I went in and talked to a buddy, and he said the same thing.. I have a 2000, not a 2001.. which makes little difference to me, other than the fact that I am now the proud owner of a new choke cable that I can't use. So... now I gotta get another new choke cable.. for a 2000, and about the only place you can find them is direct through Polaris, so much more spendy... $59 versus the $17 I paid for this one. lol. Grand...

At least, that's what my bud told me, and after looking around I'm inclined to agree with him, I can't find a cable that says 2000.. just '01's, and '02-'05 or whatever... balls...

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, didn't think about Al's... I'll look, might get lucky and they may have a brake cable that I just made another post about..

·
Super Moderator
18,376 Posts
I would have typed faster, but I was out in the garage looking to see if I had a 2-wire choke cable in the junk box. I found a couple of throttle cables, but no choke cables! Sorry :(

Oh well, new parts last longer than old parts, right? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts