Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i would like to say i'm a noob so flame away.so i bought a 1998 zr 600 with a blown piston on the pto side. i bought a new piston and did a light hone job on the jug(yes i know now that it is plated and plan on doing a complete and proper rebuild just wanted to give her a run first :D ) so she fired right up and ran like a champ to my surprise. i took it for a slow rip around the field, but as i was coming back it started to bog and my friend said he saw sparks coming from the exhaust. so my plan is to do the rebuild now, but my question is as i was going to tear it apart i noticed the fuel pump is not hooked up but it ran like a top :dunno: . every sled i have had would not run without a pump why is this one running good without it?

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Err....

So where the heck is your gas coming from? :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pump is disconnected all 3 hoses :dunno: the carbs are hooked directly to the gas tank. the only thing i can think is it was gravity feeding but i can't really see that

·
Registered
168 Posts
must have some good siphoning going on
Uh yeah i bet if ya try to go up hill it will die......heck i have trouble keeping them runnin with a fuel pump.....so thats amazing it runs and as for spark out the exaust it was probably carbon buildup in the pipe coming out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts