Snowmobile Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok, i called the dealer and they told me theres no way to test a CDI box, so i dont know what to do...I guess you have to go through process of elimination with EVERYTHING else, before you can assume it's the CDI box. So the coil is out of te question, but what about the stator? If I just can't figure it out, i will PM you, and figure out when I can have you look at it. Thanks!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Usually if when you pull it over hard enough and the headlight comes on momentarily the stator is good. Try that first. In all my years of wrenching on sleds, I've done dozens of CDI's, and 1 stator.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yea, when i hold the wires coming out of the CDI to one side, it sparks, but when i hold them to the other side, it doesn't. So i think that's the problem. I ordered a new CDI off of ebay for 30 bucks, so hopefully i'm back in business. Thanks for the help. Do you know where I can get the two caps that go over the hinges for the hood, up front? The previous owner lost them, so Id like to find new ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think i found it, but im not sure if it is what im looking for because i dont have one, so i dont know what it looks like. Is it two seperate caps? Or is it one long think, covering both hinges and everything in between?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Im looking to buy some ski skins, now. I measured them and they are 5.5x41. When I go to look at them, they only come in 4.5x40.5 and 5.5x40.5. im guessing i want the 5.5x40.5, but its half an inch under what mine measure. Is that alright? Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
well the skins that i have now measure 5.5" wide, but the wide ones dont say they fit the mach z. The narrow ones do, though. What ones do i get?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Can someone tell me how to drain the Oil, Gas, Coolant, and the chaincase oil? Thanks! Or point me in the right direction, as to where to get a manual? thanks!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
eBay has manuals cheap. Look for the Clymer brand first. Or get a service manual on CD. Why do you want to drain all the fluids?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The sled sat in a shed for awhile and I have no clue how long it has been, since the guy changed anything, and I wated to switch the oil to synthetic and just put some new gas in it, if it's easy.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts