Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a 2000 mxz 700 with under 1200 miles on it. i spent like 4 hours going through it and cleaning it up today after i bought it. some mothers aluminum polish and alot of elbow grease really did wonders for the tunnel. i picked her up for $3200 and after i cleaned her up she looks like brand new. let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i need to do something to set my sled apart from all of the other mxz's that are out there. does anyone have any ideas that would improve my sleds appearance? i was thinking maybe a chrome windshield, a 2" handlebar riser, some yellow handle bar hooks and maybe some hand guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that makes two of us! the only thing wrong with the sled is that the bellypan has a crack in it. i would like to get a new one but first i need some opinions of what color accents i should go with on the yellow sled. i was thinking red but im not sure yet. along with the belly pan, i would like to get ski loops, shock covers, and hood screens. i think it just needs some color besides black to really set it apart from the average joe's mxz.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
That looks AWESOME. That's the exact sled I want to get after this year (gonna sell the Mach 1). Only thing I know is that the chrome windshields scratch easily. I'm going to get a black one with the yellow checkers on the bottom of it. Let me know how you like the 700, and if there's anything you dislike about the sled.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hey SEG i have ridden the same sled( not his) but the thing pulled HARD up to 70mph and thats as fast as i could go before needing to slow down, but it was a really nice sled, suspension was nice too!

Moochdog that is a sweet looking sled you got there! The polished aluminum could be used as a mirror!! Im thinking a red belly pan, red snow flap, red idler wheels, red handle bar hooks, and the works would look sick!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Just to give you a little idea.. Its not the greatest but you get the point. Sorry its small.

Attachments

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I really want one, can't get used to the REV design. That's why I want the 2000, it's still the "old" series. I'm debating between the 700 and 800, although I think the 800 is black?? I'd make it yellow with black anyway. Don't care for the red with yellow. (Although it's not my sled...) thanks for the input, Snowfreak.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
nice pick up man, sled looks great, make sure to tell us how it rides

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Only thing I can think of to improve it is to park it in MY garage... :D

Very nice looking sled! I wish that my cats didn't have the black running boards. Don't know why they did that... paint just peels off eventually. The polished chrome looks GREAT!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
On my cat the paint is starting to chip. Couldnt I strip off the paint and polish the aluminum? If so what type of polish is the best to use? Thanks!! Locky

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
mothers but you will be scrubing for a really long time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
moochdog, if u paint the hood vent screens red, it looks awesome. not that it doesn't look nice already, but just a suggestion.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
good lookin sled

1 - 20 of 20 Posts