Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 Pantera 600 EFI 2 -up and the previous owner does not have an owners manual with it. I know there are service books available but was hoping to get an owners manual to familiarize myself with the unit, and need spark plug specs, correct oil, ect. Does anyone know a source for an owners manual or can at least advise me the basic specs on it? I was told there is an adjustment for the rear shock and just want to learn about the machine. I have had ATV's for 22 years but this is my first sled.

·
Registered
27,125 Posts
As I said great ride!
There are several adjustments, but the biggest is the fiber glass helper springs!
With a load and or a passenger, the lever folds forward.
To do this easy, lift the back of the track with a track stand (a tie down from ceiling works perfect) then with a small hammer tap the lever in place.
There is a screw driver slot but hammer works!
Next is the spring tension itself, there is a triangle at running boards.
The spark plug socket fits this, again with track in the air.
Hanging the suspension is generally best
Thats why the track stand is nice to have.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Service manual has all that usually. Usually the owners manual are not all that informative imho compared to a service manual. Just run a full synthetic oil from Arctic Cat or AMSOIL for the 2 stroke injector oil and you are fine. Spark plug specs can be found sometimes on Arctic Cats right on the airbox I know my old buddies ZR700 has it right on there along with recommended stuff for his carburetor jetting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts