Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I recently bought a 89 polaris indy 500 trail with electric start. can i use the electric start on a cold start or should i be pulling it over on cold start and using e start for a warm start?

2) I pulled the air box apart and all there was is the plastic devider, no foam inside of it. is this bad to run it with out it? should I buy the foam for it?

Thanks

·
PFS-Pray For Snow!!!!!!!!
247 Posts
Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but there should be a foam pre-filter on top of the airbox intake. As far as the electric start goes, I wouldn't be afraid to use it on a cold start.

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you click the link go on the right and click engine mounting with short block underlined in blue # 78 there

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i would get it or at least make sure you have to one inside of the lid

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was recently told that it was very bad to run it with out the foam because it will get too much air. is this right or wrong?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
if it wasn't meant to have it they wouldn't have put it in there.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
I was recently told that it was very bad to run it with out the foam because it will get too much air. is this right or wrong?
The foam is there to prevent larger particles (snow dust/powder, seeds/plant parts) of anything from being sucked into the engine. Running without it will not effect the amount of air the engine gets.

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I noticed that the foam that is missing is a silencer and when your on the throttle its actually pretty loud. is there anything can put in there to silence it?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
foam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts