Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2002 Yamaha Viper 700 for about a week and a half now, and I've been hitting some jumps with it. My friend said I was about four feet in the air. I was just wondering... Is this going to damage my sled at all? I don't really land that hard... I was just wondering if it's going to screw it up. Are there any modifications I should make?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Oh my god, I can't believe you're doing that. You're gonna destroy it!!!!

No, not really.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Over time it will cause mis-alignment of the clutches, lowering the performance of your sled. Keep your clutches tuned and keep your suspension in good shape, and it should be fine, until it breaks in half anyways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledneck27 said:
Over time it will cause mis-alignment of the clutches, lowering the performance of your sled. Keep your clutches tuned and keep your suspension in good shape, and it should be fine, until it breaks in half anyways.
Hmm. Will it really break in half?

YamahaVector said:
Where in New Hartford do you live?
The auto-parse feature on here jacks up the URL for MapQuest, so just click here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i would try to not land on flat ground but i havent broke any thing yet so i dont think it will hurt if u dont do it alot

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmm. Will it really break in half?
Being that its a Yamaha, probably not, but you never know. Depends on how hard you beat on it. I've seen sleds with the tunnel rivets ripping out of the bulkhead, granted they were all A/C sleds(I'm not bashing, thats just the way it is), and Yamaha's are built much stronger so I dont think you will have a problem. If your body can handle it, the sled more than likely can handle it too. Unlike your body though, your sled cant heal, so any damage done will continue to get worse. If you plan on jumping a lot, just keep up on the maintenance, it should be fine, until it breaks in half anyways :D .

·
Registered
633 Posts
we build a 7 footer in my yard today, ill try to get pics, maybe 10-12 feet in the air, using the 340, landing on a landing tho, sooo fun got some vid too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts