Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some advice have a 1975 John Deere 400 snowmobile lookin for someone to walk me through some stuff to find out whats wrong with it!! has spark, compression, clean gas, new gas lines, carb cleaned......just dont know what else to do!! Any Advice anyone??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have not tried it dont know much about sleds so have not done it lol would not really know where to start lol my gfs brother is a mechanic so will have him give me a hand and will let ya know thanks for the reply if ya know anything else about it let me know thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Primed the cylinders with a lil gas it fires up but only for a few seconds its like its not getting any gas to the motor? i see there is two fuel lines coming from the gas tank to the carb is there a give and a take line there? if so do you know how that all works?

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
The fuel pump has a diaphragm that gets old and deteriorates. You should try rebuilding it (about 5 bucks will get you a kit).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not see a fuel pump where is it? there is two lines running from tank to carb and thats it no pump anywhere i dont think??

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
I do not see a fuel pump where is it? there is two lines running from tank to carb and thats it no pump anywhere i dont think??
If it is a 75 like you said, it should be under the carb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay I know this threads a little hold but I need some help! I need a rebuild kit for a wra-31. Im looking all over on my phone and can't find a thing. Please help thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts