Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting some Delta VForce3 reed cages in my 2003 Polaris 600xcsp. I am also planning on eliminating the air box and using K&N air filters. My question is about the jetting of the Carbs. I would think it would be neccessary to rejet with these modifications. Does anyone know the FACTS on what size I should rejet the Carbs , or if it's even neccessary. I have heard so many different opinions about jetting ( and all they are is opinions) that it's starting to make me sick. There cannot be 20 correct answers to this one question. If anyone knows The facts on what jet I should use, or at least what size I should try first, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
JimmyV

·
Registered
13 Posts
HERE'S SOME FACTS! K&N FILTERS DON'T FLOW NEARLY AS WELL AS A STOCK AIR BOX. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE MAX AIR FLOW, GET SLP'S AIR INTAKE, AND FLO-RITE'S FOR YOUR SLED. THEY ARE EASY TO INSTALL AND THEY WORK. I KNOW I HAD THEM ON MY PRO-X 600. THE ONLY TIME YOU WANT K&N'S IS IF YOU ARE RUNNING GRASS DRAGS. NOW AS FAR AS THE REEDS GO, IF YOU DO JUST THEM AND LEAVE THE AIRBOX STOCK YOU CAN RUN THE STOCK 430 MAIN JETS. IF YOU DO THE AIR BOX UPGRADE YOU WILL WANT TO RUN 440'S. OK THERE'S THE FACTS. LATER.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It's good to get real answers. I'll look into that airbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
NO PROBLEM, ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT SLED LET ME KNOW. I TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERY PRODUCT OUT THERE ON MINE SO I KNOW WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOSEN'T.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Caution boys

Just a note of caution. Modifying a stock machine (engine, carburation or exhaust) requires you understand how to test for proper jetting. No one can simply tell you what the jets should be. Their experience may get you close or... over close (lean). Learn to read plugs which will help you know if there is a jetting problem.
Factory jetting is normally rich. As in arctic cats of earlier years this was a major issue as the factory mains were wayyyyyy too rich.
Talking with an AC service tech he said some would not even run until rejetted. I have first hand experience with this myself.
Mikuni's web site offers info on how to setup jetting.
Don't just plug and play. Sled shops love the do it yourselfer that does it himself but doesn't know what he is doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts