Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1998 Yamaha SRX 600 and I plan in installing individual K&N Air Filters on each carb. I realize that I will have to rejet the carbs when I do this. Has anyone done this before and if so, what jetting did you find worked the best. I ride Tug Hill, not sure about the elevation there.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have stock triple pipes. How much maintenance could it be when there is no dust, as you would have with an quad. I'm used to cleaning the filter and re-oiling it with my quad. If there is something that I'm forgetting, please let me know. Otherwise, I figured that letting more air in and located these K&N's above the motor and away from the exhaust would allow much more air in and be somewhat colder than the stock airbox. What do you think?

·
Registered
482 Posts
No, your not forgetting anything on the filter matinance.
just said that cus, ppl put'em on and forget'em.
you take care of them like your quad and you'll be set.
Yes, no dust in the winter, you know how many ppl you can get on that. (grin)

Those individals with a stock pipe, not a good idea.
your going to be letting alot of air in and with those restrictive pipes, it wont be able to breath.
Its going to loadup on ya.
What you let in has to come out.

Does'nt Yamaha sell a cold air kit for that sled?

·
Registered
64 Posts
what about oil injection

wondering if you thought about adjusting the oil pump. i just registered for this site. i was surfing the web trying to find out how to turn up the oil pump on my polaris. i just put a pair of 38 mm TM mikuni's on my sled. figured it would be a good idea to get more oil in the fuel since theres more fuel getting in now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts