Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 Jag 440 doesn't seem to be running right. The top speed on it is about 30 mph right now! I think it is jetting cause the plugs are black and oily. I think it is totally jetted wrong cause it fouled the plugs rather quickly.
Today, when I got on it and tried to go, it would not go at all, except in reverse. I stared at it for a few minutes and then pulled the plugs and cleaned them off with a wire brush, when I put them back in, it would go now but with hardly any power and a top speed of 30. Could this all be because of bad jetting or could there be something else?

·
Registered
170 Posts
SierraCrust said:
My 95 Jag 440 doesn't seem to be running right. The top speed on it is about 30 mph right now! I think it is jetting cause the plugs are black and oily. I think it is totally jetted wrong cause it fouled the plugs rather quickly.
Today, when I got on it and tried to go, it would not go at all, except in reverse. I stared at it for a few minutes and then pulled the plugs and cleaned them off with a wire brush, when I put them back in, it would go now but with hardly any power and a top speed of 30. Could this all be because of bad jetting or could there be something else?
You say the top speed is 30 mph "right now". What was it before? Did you just buy this sled? Did it run well before??

Its hard to believe jetting could be off that much that it only runs 30 mph...

If this is the first time out this year, clean the carbs, swap in new spark plugs and check for spark on both. Eliminate the obvious first!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sled's top speed last year was 50, but that still doesn't seem like much. Just last year was the first time I played with the sled. I don't know what my older brother did to it before. All I remember was that he always had trouble getting it going. It really wouldn't suprise me if it had clutch issues, but I don't know much about that so I don't know.

I have already cleaned the carbs and i'm waiting to go to town to get fresh plugs. How to I test to see if there working right? The belt is also brand new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check your choke cables, your fuel pump and your clutch. My 94 jag z 440 would do 75 on my GPS. Your having some carb, or clutch issues.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts