Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Sno Pro and it is running really rich. I have the needles as lean as they can go.
What is the stock jetting for this sled, or where can I find it?

Also, how do I tell if it is a z440, or a zr 440, or is it just a 440 sno pro?
thanks.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told I only need to run 92oct gas. It's a stock engine so that should be just fine.

I just cleaned the carb, and reeds all out, choke also. I'm sort of lost.

Maybe someone changed the pilot jet or main jet. What is the stock numbers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I oiled the choke ends to make sure they were moving. But it didn't change anything. I guess I will just try buying some leaner jets...

·
Registered
5 Posts
zr 440

I just wondered if you found anything out on your sled because my cousin just got the same sled and is having the same problems.

We have cleaned the carbs numerous times and the first time we found the piloit jets completely plugged. After that if the sled would sit and idle for a little bit when you went to take off it would bog and act like it was loaded up. We went through most of the jetting we could find and verified it was correct.

Main Jets 290
Piliot Jets 22.5
Needle was in the 3rd clip or middle clip
Inlet Valves were 1.5
Throttle Slide 4.0

We looked into the float setting and float inlet valves a couple of times. The float height is set correct. We did find the o-rings on the inlet valves to be bad and replaced them. Also found the vaccum hoses off the engine to the fuel pump to be leaking. The last thing we found was when he cleaned the piliot jets out with a torch cleaner he actually increased the size of them and we are ordering new jets to try that. I had a set of 25 Piliot Jets we put in and it seemed to help so we are hoping new 22.5 Piliot Jets cure it.

I was just curious what you found and the problems you were having with your sled?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I'll check my jets and see if they are correct. No I haven't figured it out yet. I had my dad ride it yesterday and we figured it was the pilot jets. It runs rich. When you pin it from a stand still It blubbers its way up to 5K rpm and then takes off. It doesn't bog and die. So it's not lean. On a normal sled if you pin it it will take off with in a second. Mine takes 3sec.
What are "o-rings on the inlet valves" that you talk about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The way your sled is acting is exactly how is acts. If let it idle and pin the throttle it acts like it's loaded up, if you don't let it idle and load up it seems like it is good. The o-rings I was talking about seal the brass fuel inlet seat to the aluminium carb body. If they are bad it will leak gas around them. The other big thing we noticed was the vacuum lines to the fuel pump leaking where they attach to the engine. Like I said our next step is to get new 22.5 piliot jets since we think by cleaning them we took the hole size oversize. Keep me posted on yours and i'll keep you posted on ours. Also what number do you have your ignition box set on? His is on -1 but i'm not sure that is right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where do these vacuum lines attach to the engine?
I just got my sled 2 weeks ago, I didn't even know the ignition box could be set. How do you tell what setting it is on? The settings change the timing right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The vaccum lines attach I think on the crankcase around where the cylinders attach by your base gaskets. The ignition box is down below your secondary clutch and his was set on -1.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I see where they would attach. Mine just has screws in them to seal them. No hoses attached! Where is the other end of the hoses located? I'll try to check out this stuff tonight!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would have to look at his again. I think he had two with srews in them also, you might be looking at the wrong ones but i'm not positive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would trace your vacuum line back from the fuel pump, i think it goes throught the crank case by the recoil and then out to the source it picks up the vacuum on the engine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, HERE IS THE FIX!
I changed my pilot jets from 22.5s to 20s. And bingo, She runs great! I didn't think it would be that easy but I guess a little jetting goes a long ways.
To anyone else out there, also check your choke plunggers to make sure they are set at the right height. They can get out of wack when you clean your carbs.
Thanks for all the help guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts