Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that there is a very simple solution but being very new at the suspension game pls tell me.
My daughters 90 JAG fishtails like crazy and jumps around. If I sit forward it solves the problem. It also has about zero traction. I got stuck in Tim Hortons drivethru. No pic's just a clean track. HELP.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is one of my first new sleds. They fishtailed alot and don't have much adjustment. we always thought that was the best part about rideing it. Studing will help alot, gas shocks seem to help some. Good first sled for kids to learn on. good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JAG AFS

zrtease: Thanks, but when the better half hops on she doesn't have the same opinion. Only reason I was really even caring is that it tends to get stuck easily and would like to resolve that. Other than that, yeap go sled, lots of fun.
I took her out for her "blinding" first run" on Sunday and got a sore neck looking back. Top speed < are you ready....>34km/h
Need to work on that!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yea it was'nt known for its blistering speed but its wicked dependable thats important when your out with the loved ones! Is that a 340 or 440? Studs will make a huge differance in handling just make sure you match the carbides.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PIC's

zrtease:::::: Do you remember how many pic's you used? I have to do something drastic. My youngest (15) lost it and flipped it ontop of herself on a hard packed road.She ended up in the ditch with the sled sort of ontop of her. Not really bad, just brusied. She said the ass just came out from under her. Both her and her sister had rode for a while now. Oh, she was only going about 60km/h. I re-adjusted the front suspension spring on the track to put more track on the snow which made a big difference but apparently it's still erractic.
Otherwise DADDY gets the Jag and the kids get Daddies 500. Not fair.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is there anyway you could sell that sled and pick up a little newer one because if you stud it and fix all these little problems it is just gonna cost you alot of money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jag

Isn't that the truth. Machine is in mint and right now I'm not in a position to spend 2k more to get something newer. Nice thought though.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If you look around you can buy 96 studs for under $100 dollars which is nothing compared to your daughters safety. I have two daughters 14 & 4 who ride and things will happen until they become more comfortable with the sled.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts