Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many miles should you get outta an 04 f7 for the oil tank cuz im running out fast i put on about 50 miles and had a fulll tank of oil and its about all the way down tot the bottom (from what i can see at least) the light hasnt come on yet but it prb willl within the next few miles.........not sure if the oil pump needs to be adjusted some how :dunno::confused: ay help would be great

·
Registered
7 Posts
i would say its a leak somewhere before it reaches the engine because i bet your sled would run absolutely terribly if it was actually burning all that oil, if it would even run at all.

·
Registered
25,446 Posts
I don't think the F7 holds 3 qts! But look for leaks, and then do the usage test. You want to use 12.5 gal of gas to 1 qt of oil!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my light comes on after i burn about a quart of oil......or after about prb 50-60 miles itll come on i dont think mine holds 3 quarts because when the light comes onafter burning a quart its all the way down at the bottom of the tank i dont think its leaking because never any oil underneath on the snow from being parked over night and ive checked in it too and theres no oil on the bottom could it have something to do with oil pump? maybe pumping too much fuel in the motor?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also,.........not sure if this is supposed to do this but when i first bought the sled it was missing the tird spring on the pipe where it connects to the y-pipe and it seemed like when i was running it it was leaking a little bit of blackish oil out of the pipe without the spring....i have all the springs on down but is there supposed to be oil in the pipe?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im wondering if its feeding the engine to much oil and its not bruning it all so its just spitting it into the pipe??????? idk idk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts